CLEAN UNDERWEAR? CHECK.
TRAVEL MONEY SAFE AND SOUND? CHECK.
These are our TOP 10 travel tips. Travelling overseas (especially if it’s your first time) can be quite daunting, but with careful preparation it will be stress-free. These are our suggestions to take care of prior to departure to ensure you get the most out of your Travel Gang adventure.
1. Check the latest travel advice for your destination on the Australian Government website Smartraveller. Although we will keep you up to speed, it’s great to feel on top of your own travel.
2. Take out comprehensive travel insurance and ensure it covers you for the places you plan to visit and the things we plan to do. Check your Travel Gang itinerary for full details of tour inclusions and activities.
3. Before travelling overseas, give your family and friends at home your contact information so they can get in touch with you in case of emergencies.
4. Make sure your passport has at least six months’ validity from your planned date of return to Australia. Carry extra passport photos in case your passport is lost or stolen and you need to replace it while you’re away.
5. Check with your doctor for information on recommended vaccinations and other health precautions. Also find out about taking medication overseas – certain medicines aren’t allowed in some countries.
6. Make sure that you have the right visas for the countries you are visiting or transiting and check any other entry or exit requirements.
7. Check to make sure you have the correct power point adaptors for the country you are visiting. You’ll want to make sure your iPhone is charged every night.
8. Make copies of your passport details, insurance policy, itinerary, travellers cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Carry one copy in a separate place to the originals and leave a copy with someone at home.
9. Obey the laws of the country you’re visiting even if these seem harsh or unfair by Australian standards. Don’t expect to be treated differently from the locals just because you’re Australian.
10. Keep in contact with friends and family back home and give them a copy of your itinerary so they know where you are.
New York City, USA