NEW ZEALAND'S MOST OUTSTANDING YOUTH MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMERS TAKE AUSTRALIA BY STORM
Based on Quad Share
Head to Australia and enjoy once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to learn, grow and develop your skills in the performing arts.
This adventure includes an opportunity for students to see Moulin Rouge the musical, climb the Sydney Harbor Bridge and pat a Koala before heading to Newcastle to be the first NZ group performing at the Junior Theatre Festival Australia.
Other activities in this adventure include a NIDA acting workshop and a tour of the Sydney Opera House.
1. Make sure your parents read and understand the costs involved with this programme and that you meet the eligibility criteria above.
2. Create a self-tape audition video with the following components:
Introduce yourself - state your name, age and school/academy.
Sing 1 minute of a song that showcases the range of your voice. (use music backing that does not have vocals)
Using the monologue script provided on page 11 of the itinerary, memorise and present the monologue to camera.
3. Upload your audition video to Youtube and copy the website link
we recommend you make the link ‘unlisted’ to keep it off the public internet.
4. Complete the online form to submit your application. Audition submissions close 23rd March, 2023
Students must be aged between 10 and 18 at time of travel (22/10/2023)
Students under the age of 16 at time of travel are required to have at least one chaperone on the tour. This could be a parent another adult on the tour known to the student.
Students must have either a New Zealand or Australian Passport
Students must meet the health conditions for travel according to our terms and conditions: https://www.travelgang.com.au/terms-conditions
All chaperones must hold a valid working with children check (police vet NZ) at time of making the second deposit.
Students must have approval from their parent/ guardian to audition.
Parents and siblings over the age of 5 are invited to join the celebration as “tour chaperones”!
- Film yourself landscape
- Wipe the lense of the camera so it is clean
- Find an area that has a blank background but has plenty of light
- Record yourself singing to the backing track.
- Enjoy yourself while you perform. Smile and use your hands to make it look engaging. Look into the camera and perform the story of the song.